This expedition explores some of Baja's finest coastal scenery between La Paz and Loreto in Baja California Sur.
- Duration: 9 days (arrival and departure day included)
- Intensity:B eginner-Intermediate
- Paddling time: 3-4 hrs average with longer days possible.
- Trip Style: Choice of Fully Catered and Co-operatively Catered.
- Season: October, April, May and June
- Minimum age: Age 6
- Wildlife: Californian Sea-lions, tropical fish, whales (seasonal), dolphins, manta rays, Pelicans, Blue-footed Boobies, Ospreys, Frigates, Herons and Egrets.
- Includes: Certified, bi-lingual naturalist guide(s) & cook(s). Single and/or double kayaks, all kayaking gear, camping equipment, transportation to and from your La Paz hotel to start and finish of trip. Our expert chefs will provide all trip meals, cocktails and beverages during expedition. Your expedition includes 2 nights in a comfortable hotel in La Paz and 6 nights remote camping on beaches. "Motor Skiff support boat to carry all the expedition gear."
- Does not include: Airport taxi transfers and flights.
- Available for rent: Sleeping bags, snorkel sets and wet suits.
An incredible expedition discovering some of Baja's finest coastal scenery. This remote coastline has very limited road access and only a few small villages where fisherman dwell, untouched by the trappings of the modern world. Each evening, following a day's paddle we make camp on an equally beautiful wilderness beach. We snorkel, hike or fish most days and balance our time with relaxing siestas and sharing stories around the campfire. From sun up to nightfall our voyage is filled with the possibilities of marine life: whales, dolphins, mantas and turtles may in turn take to the stage. Meanwhile, the Sierra La Giganta range provide a marvelous backdrop to the rugged coastline and our camp beaches. Join us for a week off the grid and immersed in a land where time stands still. After 25 years of our first exploratory voyage, this trip remains to be one of our top adventures.
- Day 1: Arrive in Loreto, check into your hotel room and at 7:00pm meet your guides for a trip briefing and orientation.
- Day 2: They say 'the reward lies in the journey'. Indeed, the trip into Agua Verde is the beginning of a fantastic adventure. The dirt road that accesses this fishing village and our 'put in'; provides us with breath-taking vistas of the Sea of Cortez. Our trail winds its way thousands of feet down the Sierras to sea level. After our safety talk and kayak orientation (read, dunk test) we will begin our afternoon's paddle to a nearby beach to set camp for our first night under the stars.
- Day 3-7: Continue south along the coastline, stopping to camp and explore a new bay each night. Depending on the group paddling speed and weather conditions, we may have time for a layover day. Ultimately, our goal is to get to San Evaristo, some 50 miles south of Agua Verde. The snorkeling opportunities are amazing - rock gardens and shoals that are home to a dazzling array of colorful fish and other marine life. We may see dolphins, whales and giant manta rays breaking the water's surface. There are also some intriguing hikes to stretch your legs between kayaking.
- Day 8: Our final morning's paddle to San Evaristo followed by boat and van transfer back to La Paz. Farewell dinner and night in La Paz hotel.
- Day 9: Breakfast and fly home.
Note: Depending on the group's paddling speed we may extend the journey to take out at Punta Coyote.
Our kayak journey begins in Agua Verde, a tiny fishing village located some 45 miles or so south of Loreto. Agua Verde is a picture-perfect bay on the shores of The Sea of Cortes with the towering range of La Giganta mountains crowding behind. After 7 days of kayaking we arrive at another small fishing village, San Evaristo. This equally picturesque hamlet lies approximately 70 miles north of La Paz.
Arrange your flight into Loreto, Baja California Sur. Then your flight home from either La Paz or San Jose del Cabo. This will reduce a significant amount of travel time before and after the trip.
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/kayactiv/public_html/protected/grid.php on line 73