Our fly-fishing week is a unique trip that offers some of the most exciting and little-known fly-fishing in Baja.
- Duration: 8 days (arrival and departure day included)
- Intensity: Beginner-Intermediate
- Paddling time: Optional
- Trip Style: Fully Catered.
- Season: May-June
- Minimum age: Age 14
- Wildlife: Herons, Gulls, Egrets, Ibis and Turtles.
- Includes: Two hotel nights in La Paz. Private taxi shuttle from your hotel to spectacular camp site on the sand dunes of Isla Magdalena near the fishing village of Puerto Adolfo Lopez Mateos. Base camp set up complete with Alvaro and a week of fine dining, cocktails and Gary's fishing tales and fly tying instruction (on request). State of the Art Prowler fly-fishing Ocean Kayak sit on tops. Also included is the farewell dinner.
- Does not include: Airport taxi transfer and flights.
- Available for rent: Sleeping bags.
Our fly-fishing trip in Mag Bay with Gary Bulla is a unique trip that offers some of the most exciting and little-known fly-fishing in Baja. The setting is perfect - a remote beach camp with just your fly-fishing specialist guide, our expert cook and a small team of guests. Gary has been helping our guests discover the thrill of fly casting in salty waters in the protected lagoons on the Pacific Coast drawing on his over 25 years of fishing in Baja. Most of our guests are into their double figures with Gary - so be warned, it is a highly addictive week of incredible fishing.
- Day 1: Arrive in La Paz, check into your hotel room and at 9:00pm meet Gary Bulla for a trip briefing.
- Day 2: Van ride to Lopez Mateos and panga over to our island base camp. Total transfer time approximately 4 hours. Lunch followed by first afternoon fishing in protected estuary opposite our camp site.
- Day 3-7: Fly-fishing, hiking in sand dune, beach-combing along the Pacific Ocean, Nature watching and relaxing at camp. After lunch on Day 7 we will take our private taxi back to La Paz. Check into Araiza Inn and then have a final farewell dinner in a La Paz restaurant.
- Day 8: Breakfast and flight home.
Our departure point is from the fishing village of Adolfo Lopez Mateos which lies on the protected shores of Magdalena Bay. A short boat ride over to Isla Magdalena takes us to the site of our base camp nestled among the sand dunes that form this barrier island. Our fishing grounds lie within the intricate and wind-protected labyrinths of extensive mangrove forests, a short distance away from our camp.
Adolfo Lopez Mateos (ALP) is approximately a 3.5 hour drive north west of La Paz on a recently widened paved road. However, for private groups we offer the option to fly in and out of Loreto which is less than 2 hours from ALP and has direct flights from LAX and British Columbia.
Deprecated: mysql_connect(): The mysql extension is deprecated and will be removed in the future: use mysqli or PDO instead in /home/kayactiv/public_html/protected/grid.php on line 73